Miso Cream Cheese Baked Salmon with Sesame Spice
Make your day special with this creamy, flavorful Japanese dish. The Miso Cream Cheese Baked Salmon with Sesame Spice is a good choice of meal to brighten up your day. Enjoy the mouth-watering creamy goodness that melts in your mouth with every bite.
- 300g of salmon steak
- 2 tbs of miso paste
- 2 tbs of cream cheese
- 1 tsp sesame spice
- 2 tsp of sugar
Furikake Fried Rice
- 1 bowl of rice
- 2 sachets of furikake seasoning
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 pack of shimeji mushrooms
- 2 tbs of oil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- white pepper to taste
- Spring onions for garnishing
- Mix the seasonings together to form a paste like mixture – miso, sugar, cream cheese, sesame spice & sugar. Taste and adjust for the seasonings. Marinate the salmon with the paste, leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or bake it right away. Preheat oven at 180C/360F and bake for about 15 minutes- 20 minutes till salmon fully cooked through.
- While baking, have a pan on medium high heat and sauteed the garlic till fragrant. After which add in the rice, furikake seasoning and soy sauce. Use a cutting stroke motion to separate the rice grains from each together. Continue to stir fry on medium high heat to achieve an even color, then add in shimeji.
- Once the shimeji are fully cooked, the fried rice is done, I like to add in a tsp or 2 of sesame oil on my fried rice before serving. Have the baked salmon over the bed of fried rice. And do not waste any leftover miso sauce from the oven! ladle it over the salmon! Sprinkle with some sesame spice and scallions! Enjoy!
Click here to buy Sesame Spice, and other herbs and spices
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.