Searching for another mouth-watering chicken dish that you can easily make at home? Why settle for one serving when you still enjoy your second and thirds with this Honey Sesame Spiced Chicken recipe where the chicken comes fried in a crispy batter, tossed in a sweet honey and flavorful sesame spice sauce! Oh la la!
- 3/4 kilo chicken fillets, cut into cubes
- Sesame spice for garnishing
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch(dissolved in 3/4 cup water)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame spice
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and coating ingredients then stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry chicken for about 7 minutes or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat sesame oil then saute ginger and garlic.
- Add the rest of sauce ingredients then simmer while keep stirring until slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
- Add chicken pieces then toss to coat. Transfer to serving plate then directly sprinkle with sesame spice.
Click here to buy Sesame Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Filipino Style Recipe