Try a new delicious way to serve your noodles in this Sesame Noodles Recipe. Feel the sesame spice blend transforming your ordinary noodles to a delightful treat with lots of flavor to enjoy.
- 8 oz regular spaghetti or soba noodles
- Water, for boiling
- 2 tablespoons oil
Sesame Spice, for garnishing
- Chopped scallions, for garnishing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste or Tahini paste, lightly heated in microwave under low heat
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (apple cider, balsamic, black or Chinese rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoons pure toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil, optional
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Cook the noodles according to the packaging instructions. Rinse in cold running water, drained and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sesame Sauce, stir to combine well. You may adjust the ingredients per your taste.
- Heat up a pan or skillet on medium heat and add the oil. Transfer the noodles to the pan or skillet and do a few quick stirs. Add the Sesame Sauce to the noodles, stir to combine well. Garnish the noodles with generous amount of sesame spice and the chopped scallions. Serve at room temperature, or you may chill the Sesame Noodles in the refrigerator before serving.
- If you don’t have sweet soy sauce, use regular soy sauce and add more sugar to taste to the Sesame Sauce.
Click here to buy Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Rasamalaysia
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.