How many lamb recipes have you tried? This Sumac lamb cutlets with chickpeas and pumpkin is an easy and quick-to-prepare recipe for impromptu lunch date with family or friends. Added with Sumac, a tangy, lemony spice often used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking, it will definitely spice up this recipe to impress guests!
- 700g pkt diced butternut pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 12 (about 1kg) lamb cutlets, French-trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray and drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake, turning occasionally, for 20 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill on high. Brush zucchini with a little of the remaining oil. Cook for 1 min each side or until lightly charred.
- Combine the lamb cutlets, sumac and half the paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the lamb on the chargrill for 2 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Shake to combine. Combine the pumpkin, zucchini, chickpeas and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the feta.
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and remaining paprika in a bowl. Serve salad with the cutlets and the yoghurt mixture.
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices