Baked Fish with Sumac and Oregano Spices
Make your holiday dishes mouth-watering and irresistably delicious with this Baked Fish with Sumac and Oregano Spices. It's deliciously quick and healthy!
- 3 lbs of fresh fish, preferably Red Snapper
- 1 green pepper (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic head, crushed
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 7 teaspoons ground thyme or oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cilantro (or dried cilantro flakes)
- 7 teaspoons of Sumac spice
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Rinse the fish with water then place in a baking tray and rub with a bit of salt and with about 2 teaspoons of ground thyme or oregano, place some cut lemons inside and bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Meanwhile, chop green and red peppers into small cubes, then mix crushed garlic with lemon juice, 5 teaspoons of ground thyme or oregano, the ground cilantro, the sumac, olive oil and salt to taste. This should yield a red paste that you would then mix with the chopped peppers.
- Once the fish is baked, and while still warm (watch out so you don't burn yourself) remove its bones and scales, pull its meat then place it in a baking tray and scoop the paste on top of it until it's all covered. You don't have to mix it, the paste will seep through naturally.
- Bake again for about 10 minutes at 350F so the paste infuses well into the meat then serve hot or cold along with a side of Fattoush or your preferred salad.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: Mama's Lebanese Kitchen
Photo Credit to: Mama's Lebanese Kitchen
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.