Fattoush Salad with Chicken and Sumac Spice
When on a diet, you can never go wrong with this refreshing & naturally tasty Fattoush Salad with Chicken & Sumac Spice. It's full of flavors & nutrients!
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 6 green onions
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut in small strips
- 2 flour tortillas cut in small pieces (or a few tortilla chips)
- ⅓ cup of chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Sumac Spice
- In a small saute pan, add chicken with a bit of olive oil and saute until cooked. You may add salt and pepper on the chicken as well.
- After the chicken is done, in the same pan, add the tortillas that have been cut in small pieces and fry for a bit until they are nice and crisp.
- Next chop all the tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers and onions in small cubes.
- Add them all to a large bowl. Add the cilantro, parsley and mint.
- In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper and sumac until it turns thick.
- To the large bowl, add the chicken and the tortilla chips and pour the dressing over everything.
- Toss well. You can add the tortilla chips after, so they don't become soggy.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: Jo Cooks
Photo Credit to: Jo Cooks
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.