Fried Eggplant with Sumac and Garlic Yogurt Dip
Experience a new twist on your favorite eggplants with this Fried Eggplant with Sumac and Garlic Yogurt Dip recipe. It's so easy to prepare and tastes amazing!
- Olive oil
- 300 grams small Asian eggplants (they are short and skinny)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat a couple of glugs of olive oil in a skillet. Slice the small Asian eggplants lengthwise into two. When oil is hot lay eggplants cut-side down in the pan. Fry until golden brown and then turn. Fry the other side until eggplant is cooked. I like mine with crisp edges but still soft in the center. If you’d like to fry it until totally crisp go ahead!
- While the eggplants are frying, prepare the yogurt dip. Mix yogurt, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Store it in the fridge until ready to serve. Top with a sprinkling of sumac just before serving.
- When eggplants are done, fish them out of the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Dust liberally with sea salt and sumac. Serve with the yogurt dip.
- Serves two as a side dish.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: 80breakfasts
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.