Green Olive Hummus with Sumac Spice
Reward your body with a healthy and delicious meal in this Green Olive Hummus with Sumac Spice recipe. Enjoy the rich combination of healthy refreshing flavors.
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 cans (or 3 cups) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup green olives (stuffed with pimentos)
- 2 tablespoons water or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 tsp. Sumac
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 5-6 more olives
- Chop the garlic in the food processor. Add the chickpeas and lemon juice, and coarsely chop. Add the green olives, water or broth, tahini, and seasonings, and process until everything is mixed. (This will not be a smooth type of hummus, but all ingredients should be well-distributed.)
- Taste for saltiness, and add salt if needed (the olives make it pretty salty already.) Process to blend in the salt, and then add the remaining 5-6 olives. Pulse a few times just to barely chop the olives. Serve with crackers, pita bread, or crudités or as a sandwich filling.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Fatfreevegan
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.