Make your Holiday dishes more exciting and irresistibly delicious with this Grilled Coriander Beef with Carrot Couscous Salad and Sumac Spice. You'll love it!
- 1 large bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, cut crossways into thirds
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sumac Spice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 75g baby rocket, roughly chopped
- 600g piece beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 200g tub tzatziki dip
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place carrot and onion on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Add garlic, sumac and half the oil. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add lemon juice, carrot mixture and rocket. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of the beef with coriander. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Divide couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with beef and tzatziki.
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Craig Wall & Andrew Young