Grilled Coriander Beef with Carrot Couscous Salad and Sumac Spice
Make your Holiday dishes more exciting and irresistibly delicious with this Grilled Coriander Beef with Carrot Couscous Salad and Sumac Spice. You'll love it!
- 1 large bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, cut crossways into thirds
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sumac Spice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 75g baby rocket, roughly chopped
- 600g piece beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 200g tub tzatziki dip
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place carrot and onion on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Add garlic, sumac and half the oil. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add lemon juice, carrot mixture and rocket. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of the beef with coriander. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Divide couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with beef and tzatziki.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.