Lebanese Fattoush (Bread Salad) with Sumac
Explore the rich flavors of Lebanese cuisines in this Lebanese Fattoush (Bread Salad) with Sumac. It also has Romaine lettuce which is a very nutritious food.
- 2 pita bread
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 radishes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sumac spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place pita bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bread is a light brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, 1 to 2 minutes. Break toasted bread into bite-size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, radishes, cucumber, tomato, garlic, green onions, parsley, mint, and salt and pepper together in a bowl; toss until salad is well mixed.
- Pour lemon juice, olive oil, and sumac into a salad dressing bottle with a lid; cover and shake until blended. Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Garnish salad with toasted pita.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Christina
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.