Lemon + Sumac Chicken
There's no need to wait for a special occasion to cook something special for your loved ones. Make every day special by treating them with simple yet delicious recipes like this Lemon & Sumac Chicken!
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 free-range whole chicken legs
- 1/2 cup good quality black olives
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 preserved lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces and place in a roasting dish. Scatter the black olives on top, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the sumac and some salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Top with the cherry tomatoes and lemon slices then cook for a further 20–30 minutes– you want the tomatoes bursting, the lemons a little charred and the meat falling off the bone.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: I Quit Sugar
Photo Credit to: I Quit Sugar
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.