Discover the exotic flavors of this colorful and refreshing Mediterranean Platter with Sumac right in your own kitchen. Feel the wonderful flavors bursting in your mouth while imagining of the Mediterranean coasts.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large Lebanese bread rounds
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 16 (250g) large cherry tomatoes
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 300g tabouli salad
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place bread on trays. Spray with oil. Sprinkle evenly with sumac and poppy seeds. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Break into pieces.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Using a small teaspoon, hollow out tomatoes. Discard pulp and tops. Trim bases of tomatoes to sit flat. Combine feta, 2 tablespoons pesto and 1 tablespoon parsley in a bowl. Spoon mixture into tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Make hummus: Place chickpeas in a food processor. Process until almost smooth. Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons cold water and 2 tablespoons oil. Process until combined. Spoon into a bowl.
- Drizzle hummus with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Arrange bread, tomatoes and tabouli on a platter. Season with pepper. Serve with hummus and remaining pesto.
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Ben Dearnley