One-Pan Braised Lemon Paprika Chicken with Sumac
If you're already running out of ideas for healthy recipes to prepare, we got your back with One-Pan Braised Lemon Paprika Chicken with Sumac. It's quick and easy and who can resist the wonderful flavors bursting in every bite?
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic coves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken broth
- 8 oz (225g) carrots, peeled
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 large stalks of swiss chard, chopped
- 3 TBS chopped parsley, more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Sprinkle kosher salt on both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and sear each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Scoop the chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- Add sliced onions into the hot pan and cook until translucent. Add minced garlic and a pinch of salt and cook until browned, about a minute. Add paprika, sumac, and cinnamon. Stir for 30 seconds. Pour in the broth, add another a pinch of salt, arrange place carrots and chicken into the pot. Lay lemon slices on top of the chicken. Cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, a pinch of salt, chopped swiss chard and parsley and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the thighs are no longer pink. Turn off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle some more chopped parsley and pine nuts, and serve with roasted potatoes or your favorite grains!
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: Healthy Nibbles and Bits
Photo Credit to: Lisa Lin
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.