Pomegranate Roasted Chicken with Sumac
If you're craving for Persian Palate, then savor the flavor and the aroma of Pomegranate Roasted Chicken with Sumac. Impress your friends with the combination of lemony and earthy flavors!
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in and skin-on;
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds + extra for garnishing;
- 6 thyme sprigs;
- 1 cup pomegranate juice;
- 1 cup chicken stock;
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom;
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1/2 tbsp. chili flakes;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the cardamom, sumac, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- Melt some cooking fat in an oven proof skillet over medium high heat, and brown the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the chicken stock, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seeds, chili flakes, thyme sprigs, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Return the chicken to the pan and baste with the sauce.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 4 to 5 minutes and serve chicken with the pan juice, topped with more pomegranate seeds.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: Paleo Leap
Photo Credit to: Paleo Leap
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.