Spicy Roasted Shrimp with Garlic, Sumac, and Aleppo Marash Pepper is a Paleo recipe that is quick and easy. It has all the good stuff and the flavorful goodness you just can't resist!
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb. thawed frozen shrimp with shells removed but tails on (either jumbo 16-20 size or large 21-25 size shrimp will work)
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. ground Sumac
- 1 tsp. Aleppo Marash pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- Thaw shrimp overnight in the refrigerator (or thaw in the bag in cold water if you forget to plan ahead.) Drain shrimp well in a colander placed in the sink, then put a paper towel on a cutting board and spread the shrimp out in a single layer. Cover with another paper towel and press down on the towel to blot the shrimp dry.
- Whisk together the crushed garlic, ground Sumac, Aleppo Pepper, and olive oil. Put the shrimp into a plastic bowl and toss with the olive oil-spice mixture. Spread shrimp out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast shrimp until they're pink and firm but not hard to the touch, about 6-8 minutes. Larger shrimp with take slightly more time than smaller ones; start to check after about 5 minutes. Serve hot, with Sour Cream and Tahini Sauce if desired.
Click to buy Sumac, Aleppo Marash Pepper, and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Kalynskitchen