Sumac Grilled Chinese Eggplant Stuffed with Tomatoes, Basil, and Feta
Experience a new twist on your favorite eggplant in this Sumac Grilled Chinese Eggplant Stuffed with Tomatoes, Basil and Feta recipe. It's deliciously healthy!
- 4 Chinese eggplant (or fairy tale)
- about ¼ cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp. salt (divided)
- ½ tsp. Sumac spice
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 6-7 oz. feta cheese
- ½ cup basil
- Take 5 minutes to get out all your ingredients, measuring and cooking equipment needed, and place them on a cookie sheet within easy reach.
- Wash all produce.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Cut eggplants into halves. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Get toppings ready: cut tomatoes into halves, crumble feta, tear basil with your hands.
- Toss cut tomatoes in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
- Grill eggplant cut side down on the hotter side of your grill for 4 minutes.
- Take off of the heat and place on a plate. Sprinkle the seared side with the sumac and sweet paprika. Then, wrap each eggplant (the two cut halves back together) in tinfoil. Place them back on the grill over medium low heat, close the lid, and cook another 7-10 minutes (depending on how thick your eggplant are).
- To serve, place cooked eggplant on a big platter. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and balsamic vinegar, top with tomatoes, crumbled feta and basil. Sprinkle more salt and cracked black pepper on top, as desired.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Joyfoodly
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.