Sumac Spiced Beef with Tomato and Chickpeas
Savor a wonderful blend of healthy goodness with a distinct flavor in this Sumac Spiced Beef with Tomato and Chickpeas. It's perfect for sharing this Holiday!
- 1 tablespoon Sumac spice
- 4 Heart Smart beef rump centre steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 truss tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 bunch continental parsley, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Farmers Union Greek Style Yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Massage the sumac evenly into the beef rump steaks. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan and cook 2 steaks over a medium-high heat for 3 mins each side. Transfer the steaks to a plate, add 2 teaspoons more oil to pan and continue cooking the remaining steaks.
- Cover the steaks with foil and set aside to rest while preparing the tomato and chickpeas.
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion and parsley. Whisk the lemon juice together with the remaining olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Dress the chickpea salad with the lemon juice dressing.
- Slice the beef rump steaks thinly and serve tumbled over the tomato and chickpeas. Dollop with a little Greek yoghurt and sprinkle with extra sumac, if desired.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Ian Wallace
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.