This super affordable Sumac Steak recipe will satisfy your steak cravings and surely make you want for seconds and some more!
- 800g (or 4 pieces) of blade steak (or a similar cut)
- 1tbs Sumac
- 3 tbs coconut oil/ghee/olive oil
- Good whack of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock (or water)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 150C.
- In a baking dish mix the sumac, oil, salt & pepper then give the steak a good rub with it to coat both sides.
- Pop the steak aside on a plate for a sec, in the same baking dish add the onion, carrots & stock/water and give it a good mix about.
- Pop the steak on top and cover with foil.
- Whack it in the oven for about 4hrs or until the steak pulls apart easily. You can do the same thing in your slow cooker if you fancy. Once it’s cooked. Eat it.
Click here to buy Sumac and other herbs and spices
Source: My Food Religion
Photo Credit to: My Food Religion
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.