Make a delectably unforgettable dinner with this Sumac Steaks with Carrot and Avocado Salad recipe! Feel the rich fusion of flavors melt in your taste buds.
- 4 x 180g beef eye fillet steaks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sumac spice, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup (95g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup (40g) sultanas
- 1/2 cup (80g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Brush steaks with 1 tbs oil and sprinkle over the sumac. Season, then cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing, combine the ginger, garlic, yoghurt and remaining 2 tbs oil in a bowl. Season.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Serve with the steak, drizzled with dressing and sprinkled with extra sumac.
Click here to buy Sumac spice blend and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Jeremy Simons