Greek Tabil Spiced Roasted Leg of Lamb with Yogurt Sauce
This Greek Tabil Spiced Roasted Leg of Lamb with Yogurt Sauce recipe might just come in handy in case you need to host a party. It's easy to make and will surely wow the crowd with the aromatic garlic flakes, caraway seeds and spicy chili for a kick!
- 2 cups whole-milk yogurt, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 3½ tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for seasoning
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 4-5 pound butterflied leg of lamb, opened like a book
- 4 lemons, halved
- Mince the garlic
- Mix 1 cup yogurt + 1 tsp spice blend + 1 minced garlic clove and set aside. This is your yogurt sauce.
- Whisk 1 cup yogurt, 3.5 TB spice blend, 4 minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice.
- Stab the lamb all over with the point of a sharp knife. Cover with the yogurt marinade and turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight.
- Take out of fridge 30 min before cooking.
- Heat oven to 450.
- Shake off excess marinade and place meat on foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper. Insert a meat thermometer and roast for 20 min.
- Reduce heat to 400.
- Continue cooking for another 15-25 min depending on desired donenness, checking the thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes. Slice across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with yogurt sauce & lemons.
Click here to buy Tabil Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Cookie Loves
Photo Credit to: Cookie Loves
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.