Cook like a chef and delight your friends (and yourself!) with this quick and easy recipe, Fish and Tunisian Tabil Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower with Eggplant Relish.
Serves 2 - 3
TUNISIAN TABIL ROASTED POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER
- 400 g potatoes, scrubbed and diced 2cm
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into small florets, stalks diced until you have 2.5 cups worth *
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tunisian tabil spice mix
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 bag baby spinach leaves *
- 100 g Moroccan eggplant relish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 300 g fish fillets
- 1/4 cup flour seasoned with teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons roughly torn coriander
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Toss potatoes and cauliflower on prepared tray with olive oil, Tunisian tabil spice mix, ginger and sweet chilli sauce. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 25 minutes until golden and crispy. Turn once during cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix together Moroccan eggplant relish and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- When vegetables have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, cook fish. Pat fish dry with paper towels, and remove any remaining scales or bones. Place seasoned flour into a shallow bowl and lightly dust fish to coat. Heat butter in a medium fry-pan (preferably non-stick) on medium to high heat. Fry fish for 1–2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Add extra butter if needed, then set aside on a plate.
- Toss spinach through roasted potatoes and cauliflower until lightly wilted.
- To serve, divide Tunisian tabil roasted potatoes and cauliflower between plates and top with fish. Dollop over eggplant relish, squeeze over lemon juice and garnish with coriander.
Click here to buy Tabil Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: My Food Bag