Lamb with Tabil Spice and Preserved Lemons
Are you planning a casual dinner party for friends this weekend? Don't fret! We got your back with one of our most beloved food - these Lamb with Tabil Spice and Preserved Lemons would be the perfect main dish for you!
- 2 cups whole-milk yogurt, divided
- 6 Tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend
- 10 large garlic cloves, minced, divided
- kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 4–5 pound butterflied leg of lamb, opened like a book
- 3 Preserved Lemons chopped fine
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 3 Tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, and 3 minced garlic cloves in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Whisk remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining 3 tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, 7 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lamb, turn to coat.
- Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is cooked to desired doneness, 10–15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lemon halves, cut side down, until charred, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter; garnish with lemons.
- Serve with reserved yogurt sauce.
Click here to buy Tabil Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Kitchen Porch
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.