Grilled Yogurt Marinated Leg of Lamb with Tabil Spice
Spoil your taste buds with this Grilled Yogurt Marinated Leg of Lamb with Tabil Spice. Experience the overnight magic that yogurt can add to your meal- making it more flavorful and irresistible.
- 500g full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp plus 3½ tbsp Tabil spice
- 5 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2kg butterflied leg of lamb
- 4 lemons, halved
- Mix 225g of the yoghurt, 1 tsp tabil spice blend and 1 crushed garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Whisk the remaining yoghurt, 3½ tbsp tabil spice blend, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and grill for 10–15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the lemon halves, cut-side down, until charred (around 5 minutes).
- Thinly slice the lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter. Garnish with the charred lemons and serve with the reserved yogurt sauce.
Click here to buy Tabil Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: The Guardian
Photo Credit to: The Guardian
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.