Chow down this subtle, aromatic, flavorful treat and experience a palatable munch in every bite of Maggy's Fish Tacos with Thai Spice. Enjoy the this quick and healthy dish with friends and family this weekend!
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, flesh scooped onto a plate
- 1 lime
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons spice blend, such as Thai spice or Chinese five spice
- 8 ounces white fish, such as cod, scrod, talapia, catfish, grouper or red snapper
- 4 medium (7-inch) flour tortillas, wrapped in damp paper towels and micrwaved for 30 seconds
- 1 small tomato, cut into small dice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup low- or non-fat yogurt
- Chopped red onion
- Mash avocado with a fork, seasoning generously with lime juice and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Mix flour and spice blend in a pie plate.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, and add to hot oil.
- Fry, turning only once, until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Spread a portion of guacamole over each warm tortilla, top each with a portion of fish, a sprinkling of tomato and cilantro, and a dollop of yogurt, Wrap and serve with lime quarters and chopped red onion.
Click here to buy Thai Five Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Three Many Cooks