Spicy Thai Vegetable Soup
This Spicy Thai Vegetable Soup recipe is very good, phenomenal and adaptable. It's kind of light yet very filling and spicy at the same time.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Thai chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon Thai pepper garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon Thai Spice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in broccoli, red bell pepper, coconut milk, broth, wine, fish sauce, soy sauce, Thai chile peppers, lemon grass, garlic sauce, and saffron. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Pour soup in batches into a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot, and mix in yogurt and cooked rice. Top with cilantro to serve.
Click here to buy Thai Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Allrecipes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.