This Thai-Spiced Sesame Chicken Patties with Noodle Broth recipe isn't your average Asian dish. It has Thai Spice blend which is packed with the savory, aromatic nuances you know and love from Thai cuisine!
For the chicken patties:
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 Tbs Thai Spice blend
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sesame seeds (preferably combination of black and white sesame seeds)
- 2 Tbs oil for frying.
For the noodle broth:
- 200g rice noodles, soaked in hot water then drained
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Thai Spice blend
- 80g mange tout/sugar snap peas
- 80g baby corn, halved lengthwise
- Boiling water
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken mince, Thai spice, coriander and spring onions.
- Season with salt and pepper, then form into 12 small patties.
- Press each patty into the sesame seeds to coat all over.
- Fry the patties in hot oil for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place the noodles into a bowl, then toss with the chilli and Thai spice.
- To serve, place the noodles into bowls, top with mange tout and baby corn, then pour boiling water over to heat everything through and form the broth.
- Top with the chicken patties.
Click here to buy Thai spice and other herbs and spices
Photo credit to: Expresso