Popcorn with Togarashi Spice
Pop in some tasty popcorn with a unique Japanese-style togarashi spice, and let the tiny explosions of chili flavor satisfy your taste buds' cravings. A perfect combo snack to munch with your favorite movie.
- 1/3 cup of corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of togarashi
- 1 tablespoon of honey, warmed
- Add the olive oil to a large sauce pot and heat over high heat. Stir in the corn kernels and immediately cover the pot with a lid. For the next 2-3 minutes, shake the pot vigorously to encourage the corn to pop. When the popping slows down and becomes irregular, remove the pot from the heat.
- Carefully transfer the hot popcorn to a large bowl. Immediately add the butter, shichimi togarashi, and honey, and use a large wooden spoon to toss. Add more togarashi, honey, and/or butter, to taste (if desired).
Click here to buy Togarashi Spice, and other herbs and spices
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.