Togarashi-Seared Pork Tenderloin
Have a taste of Asian flavors in this Togarashi-Seared Pork Tenderloin recipe. Enjoy the meaty goodness of the pork infused with flavorful spices and aroma!
For the Pork:
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Togarashi spice
- 4 pounds pork tenderloins
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
For the Sauce:
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Meanwhile, mix the white and black sesame seeds together with the togarashi powder; set aside. Season the tenderloins with salt, then press into sesame mixture until completely coated. Sear the tenderloins on all sides until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the tenderloins to a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 20 to 25 minutes. When done, remove pork, and allow to rest for five minutes in a warm place.
- While pork is roasting, prepare sauce by simmering the shallots, ginger, lime juice, and wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it has reduced to about 2 tablespoons of liquid. Add the cream, and continue to simmer until it has reduced by half. Pour mixture into a blender, along with soy sauce and miso. Blend on low speed for 10 seconds until pureed, then slowly add butter, a few cubes at a time with blender running until it is incorporated. Season to taste with salt, and keep in a warm place until ready to use.
- To serve, slice the tenderloin into medallions, and pour warm sauce overtop; serve immediately.
Click here to buy Togarashi and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Kedakai
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.