Crispy Togarashi Chicken and Sriracha Aioli
Want to try some new fried chicken recipes? Have a taste of Asian cuisine and try this Crispy Togarashi and Sriracha Aioli!
For sriracha mayo
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded ⅜ inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon Togarashi spice, plus extra to serve
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, shaved on mandolin
- ½ celery stalk, shaved on mandolin
- ½ medium carrot, shaved on mandolin
- 1 broccoli stem, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- Scallions, very thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Prepare breading station. Place flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates and egg into a bowl. Season each component generously with salt and pepper. Add togarashi to the breadcrumbs. Season both sides of chicken generously with salt and pepper. Coat chicken on both sides with flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into egg wash and then coat with breadcrumbs, making sure to use one hand for the flour and breadcrumbs, and the other hand for the egg.
- Place chicken on a plate and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or up to 30-60 minutes. You can also prepare chicken in advance and allow it to sit in the fridge for several hours. Just make sure that the chicken is at room temperature for 20-60 minutes before cooking.
- After breading the chicken, prepare the mayo, salad dressing and scallions. For the sriracha mayo, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt, if needed. For the salad, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Slowly stream in the oils, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. For scallions, place a number of thinly sliced strands (1 scallion should be enough) into a small bowl of ice water until ready to use. They should curl up and become more rigid as they absorb some of the water.
- Heat a large sauté over medium heat. Coat pan in a ¼ inch of oil. Shallow fry chicken cutlets for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden brown. Season lightly with salt after removing from pan. Drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- Dress the vegetables lightly with a portion of the dressing. For serving, spread sriracha mayo on plate using the back of a large spoon. Place chicken on an angle over the sauce. Top with salad, a drizzle of additional dressing, scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy.
Click here to buy Togarashi Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Honest Cooking
Photo Credit to: Honest Cooking
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.