Can you imagine a shrimp wrapped in bacon? This quick and easy Ponzu Glazed Bacon and Shrimp recipe is a godsend for shrimp and bacon lovers!
- 1/2 cup Wanjashan organic ponzu
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar, honey is good substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, save a little for garnish
- 8 U-15 shrimp, tail-on
- 8 slices of bacon, thick-cut
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated
- Togarashi spice to garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to high broil and place rack in the upper middle.
- In a bowl, combine ponzu, agave nectar and chives. Wrap the strip of bacon around each lightly seasoned shrimp.
- On an oven-proof dish, lay out the radicchio leaves. Dip each shrimp in ponzu-agave mixture and place on bed of radicchio. Drizzle the mixture on exposed radicchio, too.
- Place in oven, turn shrimp once when browned, about 3 minutes per side. Serve on same dish and garnish with togarashi.
Click here to buy Togarashi Spice and other herbs and spices