Sirloin Steak with Wasabi Mayonnaise
Got friends coming over your place? This easy-to-cook Sirloin Steak with Wasabi Mayonnaise is a great recipe to surprise them about your cooking prowess (even if you're just a beginner)!
- 1 large sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp wasabi peas
- 1 tsp Togarashi spice
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- the juice of ½ a lime
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 pack baby pak choi, each halved, five of the leaves reserved for garnish
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3 tbsp hibachi sauce (Japanese steak sauce)
- Using a pestle and mortar roughly crush the wasabi peas. Dust the steak with togarashi spice blend and set aside.
- Stir the wasabi paste and lime juice into the mayonnaise and place in a bowl, ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and brush the steak with a little oil. Cook the steak to your liking, then remove and allow to rest. Add the pak choi to the pan to gain a little colour, deglaze with the steak sauce, and drop in the chilli.
- Arrange the pak choi leaves on a plate. Slice the beef, then arrange it with the pak choi on the plate with a drizzle of the glaze covering them.
- Serve with the wasabi mayonnaise and a sprinkling of the crushed wasabi peas.
Click here to buy Togarashi Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: The Telegraph
Photo Credit to: The Telegraph
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.