Togarashi Chicken Tacos
Snacks? You'll never go wrong with this Togarashi Chicken Tacos recipe from Chopsticks NY!
- 4 each 4-5 inch fresh corn tortillas
- 1 each 6 ounce chicken breast, lightly pounded thin
- 1 whole egg, scrambled
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Togarashi spice
- ½ cup green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup jicama, julienne
- ½ cup chayote squash, julienne
- ¼ cup red onion, julienne
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 4 tsp kabayaki eel sauce
- Yuzu Togarashi for garnish
- Kosher salt to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Mix Shichimi Togarashi with panko bread crumbs and blend very lightly in a food processor to make a finer crumb.
- Season chicken breast lightly with salt and dust in flour, dip in eggs, and coat in bread crumb togarashi mix.
- Heat oil in a shallow cast iron skillet to approximately 350°F, add chicken breast and pan fry on both sides until crispy and fully cooked, remove to a tray lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil
- Season chicken breast with salt, and slice thinly in long strips.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl combine cabbage, jicama, chayote, red onion, and lime juice, mix together and season with salt.
- On a lightly oiled griddle or nonstick pan, heat tortillas until warm and soft, fill each tortilla evenly starting with the cabbage slaw, then add guacamole, two strips of chicken, then drizzle with kabayaki sauce and season with yuzu flavored togarashi.
- Serve immediately!
Click here to buy Togarashi Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Chopsticks NY
Photo Credit to: Chopsticks NY
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.