Thinking of what meal to prepare for the weekend?Why not make it more enjoyableand hassle-free with this Pot roast lamb shanks with Tunisian Five Spice and feel the tender lamb shanks with the colorful, aromatic and tasty combination of Tunisian Five Spice Blend!
- 2 lamb shanks
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3-4 thin slices pumpkin, peeled
- 2-3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp Tunisian Five Spice
- Place the shanks, salt and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until water has evaporated and meat is tender.
- Add the oil and reserved spice mix, toss to coat and increase heat.
- Fry for 5 minutes, then add the vegetables and switch off the heat, leaving the covered pan on the stove until the veggies are slightly cooked but not mushy.
Click here to buy Tunisian Five Spice, Sesame Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Sunday Times
Photo Credit to: Craig Scott