Last-Minute Lamb & Fig Filling with Tunisian Five Spice
Give in to the unique delightful taste of this Last-Minute Lamb & Fig Filling with Tunisian Five Spice recipe. It's so delicious you'll surely love every bite!
- 5 Lbs ground lamb
- 1 Head garlic, minced
- 1 Large yellow onion, minced
- 2 Lbs figs that were soaking in white wine for a couple of weeks — processed into a pasty mass in a food processor. Save the wine.
- Another half bottle of wine.
Tunisian Five Spice (Qalat Daqqa), to taste
- Sweat the onion, and when it’s translucent, add the garlic and cook for one additional minute max. Do not brown the garlic — you’re going for sweet, not bitter.
- Add the lamb. Brown it a little, but don’t overdo it.
- Add the processed figs with the leftover wine. Reduce until it all comes together and most of the liquid has cooked off. Add some more wine, and salt to taste. Let it cool for a bit, and then add the Qalat Daqqa. It will smell like a storybook, and it will taste delicious, but wait until it’s had a day in the refrigerator before you use it.
Click here to buy Tunisian Five and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Doughboys-mmv
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.