Tunisian Five Stew
If you're looking for another way to use cabbage, this Tunisian Five Stew recipe may come in handy. It's healthy, light, easy and definitely tasty!
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Tunisian Five spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped and undrained or about 4 medium sized ripe fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- grated feta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onions over low heat for at least 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cabbage and salt to taste; saute at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, Tunisian Five spice, and cayenne; stir and saute for 1 minute or so.
- Add in the tomatoes, chick peas, and currants/raisins; stir to combine and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste; stir.
- Ladle hot soup into individual soup bowls; sprinkle feta cheese on top.
Click here to buy Tunisian Five spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Buppert's Farm CSA
Photo credit to: Allrecipes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.