Grilled Eggplant with Vadouvan-Cashew Cream Sauce
Try the wonderful combination of Indian and French curry spice blend on your favorite eggplant in this Grilled Eggplant with Vadouvan-Cashew Cream Sauce recipe. Enjoy each mouth-watering bite of this creamy delight.
Serves 4 appetizer-sized servings
- 2 small eggplants
- 2/3 cup plain soy milk
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon Vadouvan spice
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 small green chile, seeds removed and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the eggplants and slice them into 1/2-inch slices. If you like, you may salt the eggplants and allow them to “weep” for half an hour before rinsing and proceeding with the recipe; I did not bother with this.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook on a well-oiled grill pan until browned on both sides and soft in the middle. (You may also broil or bake the eggplant.)
- While the eggplants are cooking, make the sauce by blending the soymilk, nutritional yeast, cashews, and vadouvan in a small blender. Pour into a saucepan, add salt to taste, and bring to a boil. Turn down to very low and keep warm until eggplants are ready.
- Chop the tomato and add the garlic, chile pepper, and vinegar. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Assemble on appetizer plates by layering a spoonful of sauce followed by three slices of eggplant with a little sauce between each slice. Top with the tomato mixture and enjoy.
Click here to buy Vadouvan Spice and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Fatfreevegan
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.