Enjoy a delightful combination of your favorite vegetables in this Vadouvan and Lemon Roasted Vegetables. Not only is it healthy, it tastes fantastic too!
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Vadouvan Spice
- 350g small carrots (about 4), peeled, halved lengthways
- 350g small parsnips (about 4), halved lengthways
- 300g Carisma or washed potatoes (about 3), quartered
- 1 head cauliflower (about 400g), broken into small florets
- 1/2 mini savoy cabbage, outer leaves removed, quartered lengthways through core
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (95g) plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Position racks in center and bottom of oven and preheat oven to 250C (230C fan-forced). Place 2 heavy large baking trays in oven.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add 2 1/2 tablespoon of vadouvan spice mix. Stir for 1 min or until mixture begins to sizzle. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, toss carrots, parsnips and potatoes with half the oil mixture to coat. In another bowl, toss cauliflower, cabbage and lemon slices with remaining oil mixture to coat. Season each mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add carrot mixture to one preheated baking tray and roast, stirring occasionally, for about 35 mins, or until vegetables are tender and deeply browned all over. During the last 25 mins, roast the cauliflower and cabbage on the second baking tray, dividing the lemon slices between trays.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yoghurt, 1 teaspoons vadouvan spice mix, lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt.
- Spoon some of the yoghurt mixture over a serving platter. Arrange the vegetables on the platter. Drizzle with the remaining yoghurt mixture. Garnish with coriander leaves. Sprinkle with the remaining vadouvan spice mix to serve.
Click here to buy Vadouvan and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Taste