Vadouvan Chicken Wings
Spend your weekend with family and friends and enjoy the phenomenal and unique flavor of this sweet and syrupy glazed Vadouvan Chicken Wings! It's so quick and easy you can do it almost everyday.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 oz. grated fresh ginger
- Zest of 6 limes
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 lb. chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. Vadouvan spice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the honey until syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the ginger. Let cool for 10 minutes. Add the lime zest and lime juice and let stand for 5 minutes. Strain the glaze into a bowl.
- Rinse the chicken wings with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl, add the oil and stir to coat evenly. In a small bowl, stir together the salt and vadouvan curry powder. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken wings and stir to coat evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When the chicken has 20 minutes left to marinate, prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Place a steel grill wide chef’s pan on the grill to preheat.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover the grill and cook, turning the wings over and rearranging them in the pan every 5 minutes to ensure they cook evenly, until they are well browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. When the wings are done, drizzle on the glaze in 3 additions, tossing the wings after each addition. Transfer the wings to a large bowl, toss with the cilantro and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
Click here to buy Piri Piri and other herbs and spices
Source: Chef Michael Voltaggio
Photo Credit to: William-Sonoma Home
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.