Za'atar and Pomegranate Roasted Chicken
Looking for a sumptuous and mouth-watering Roasted Chicken recipe that you can try on for the weekend? We got one that has all the contrasting tastes of sweet, tangy, spicy and sour plus the combination of colors that make this specialty an eye-candy - the Za'atar and Pomegranate Roasted Chicken!
- 1.5 kg chicken, cut into pieces with skin on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tbs za'atar
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbs parsley
- 3 tbs fresh pomegranate seeds
Make the marinade by mixing together olive oil, za'atar, pomegranate molasses, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken with this marinade overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade. Place the chicken skin side up in a baking tray in the middle rack and roast for about 1 hour or until the chicken has beautifully browned and cooked through. If you prefer the skin to be crispy, place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes but watch it very carefully to avoid burning.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, pine nuts, parsley and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
Click here to buy Za'atar Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: Sips and Spoonfuls
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.