A good meal always invites a good conversation. So if family or friends are coming over to your place this weekend, make them this simple and easy Oven Roasted Za'atar and Tahini Chicken recipe from SSugarPill. Aromatic and delicious, you sure will have a great time to catch up with people close to you over lunch/dinner!
- 4 Chicken pieces (I used 2 breasts + 2 leg quartets)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp za’atar+1 Tbsp for sprinkling
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet with olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on the skillet from both sides on high heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare the marinade by combining the lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, za’atar, cinnamon, olive oil and pepper.
- Cover the chicken with marinade and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Switch the oven to Broil and place the skillet on the lowest rack for 20-25 minutes until the meat has cooked through, spooning with sauce half-way through.
- When ready to serve, decorate with cherry tomatoes, parsley, or lemon wedges.
See video instruction below
Video Credit to Tamar Fasja
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices