- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a deep dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with the marinade. To ensure good flavor, work some of the marinade underneath the skin of the chicken breasts. Cover and place the chicken in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and the marinade to a baking dish or a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with a little more sumac and paprika. Now sprinkle 1 tbsp of the za'atar, and take another tbsp of za'atar to work underneath the skin of chicken breasts. You should have 1 tbsp za'atar left for later.
- Place the chicken in the 400 degrees F heated-oven; roast for 40-45 mins.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with a little more sumac and the remaining za'atar. Garnish with the toasted nuts and fresh parsley.
Click here to buy Zaatar Spice, and other herbs and spices
Source: The Mediterranian Dish
Photo Credit to: The Mediterranian Dish