Asparagus & New Potatoes with Za'atar Dressing
Indulge in this Asparagus & New Potatoes with Za'atar Dressing this Holiday. Savor the creamy blend transforming your fave dish into something extraordinary!
- 1 pound small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ¾ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Key Lime
- 2 tablespoons Za’atar Spice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemons Large
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Lemons Large
- ½ cup finely minced dill pickle
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when gently pierced with a knife, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and let cool for about 15 minutes. Halve or quarter them and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove. Bring a large skillet of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus with tongs to the ice bath for 1 minute, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel to wick away some of the water. Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Combine yogurt, shallots, za'atar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the asparagus and potatoes; toss well to coat. Add pickle, dill and pepper and toss again.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Source: Eating Well
Photo Credit to: Eating Well
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.