Potlucks? Try this easy and delicious Chicken Wings with Honey and Za’atar recipe from Creative Culinary, everyone will definitely crave for it!
Serves 4 - 6
- 36 chicken wings or enough to fill a 10X15" pan
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) salt
- 1 ½ tsp (8 g) black pepper
- 8 cups (1.9 l) Canola oil
- 2 tbsp. Zaatar spice
- 1 cup (473 ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 g) urfa pepper
- 2 tsp (15 g) toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Sliced chives
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Bring the fat to 200°F (93°C) over a simmer. Once the fat is rendered, place chicken wings in a large pan and the pour fat over the wings. Cover with tin foil, place in 200°F (93°C) oven, and let simmer for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool the wings in an in ice bath to room temperature. Remove them from the fat and let them dry on a wire rack. (The wings can be stored in fat in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
- Mix the honey, vinegar, urfa and za’atar until combined.
- Roast chicken wings in a 400°F (204°C) oven for 12 minutes or until brown and golden.
- When the wings are done, place them on a serving tray and drizzle with honey glaze, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, sea salt and chives.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Source: Creative Culinary
Photo Credit to: Creative Culinary