Tired of the same old salad? You gotta try this Fattoush Salad with Za'atar recipe and be reminded of the freshness and pure flavors that nature has to offer. Simply brings salad to a whole new level!
- 2 medium cucumbers, with skin
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (I used a combination of cherry, plum, and grape tomatoes)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup chopped mint
- raw flax crackers, flatbread, or toasted pita
- a lot of Za'atar
- ¼ cup extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (organic, un-waxed if possible!)
- 1 tsp. raw liquid honey or maple syrup
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- a couple pinches of sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Wash, prepare, and chop all veggies into bite-sized pieces. Wash, spin-dry herbs and chop. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, stir, and let stand for at least 30 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavours to meld.
- Right before serving, sprinkle generously with za’atar, crumble raw flax crackers and fold into salad. Enjoy.
Fattoush Salad Dressing
- Put all ingredients in a jar with a light-fitting lid and shake.
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: My New Roots
Photo Credit to: My New Roots