Mediterranean Salad with Za'atar Spice
Fall in love with this colorful healthy delight in this Mediterranean Salad with Za'atar Spice recipe. Savor a wonderful blend of healthy goodness with a distinct Mediterranean flavor you'll surely love.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (400 g) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Za'atar Spice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put half the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the sliced peppers for 3-5 minutes until the skins start to blister and the peppers soften.
- Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, avocado and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- When the peppers have cooled slightly, add them to the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Sprinkle over the Zaatar seasoning, or make a reasonable substitute by combining thyme, marjoram, and sesame seeds with a bit of salt.
- Make the dressing by mixing up the other half of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled..
If you are making this ahead of time, leave out the avocados until just before serving or they will discolor.
- You can also spice up this salad by using a chilli-infused olive oil.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Food
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.