Mediterranean-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas with Za'atar
This Mediterranean-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas with Za'atar is the ideal and versatile nibble since it can either be a party appetizer or a snack. It's also quick and easy and just absolutely delicious!
Serves: 1-3/4 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons Za'atar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, and thoroughly dried (peeling optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4-1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Toast the za'atar and cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until their aroma becomes pronounced and they begin to brown slightly. Transfer the spices to a spice grinder, and pulse until powdery.
- Toss together the spices, chickpeas, olive oil, cayenne, salt, and sugar in a large bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread the chickpeas out in a single layer on a half-sheet pan and roast for 25-35 minutes, or until golden-brown and crunchy.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: Popsugar Photography/ Nicole Perry
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.