Mediterranean Turkey Burgers with Za'atar and Green Goddess Dressing
Who says you can only eat turkey every Thanksgiving? This Mediterranean Turkey Burgers with Za'atar and Green Goddess Dressing will make you want to eat it everyday. Simply refreshing and delish!
For the burger
- 1 lb 85/15 ground turkey
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Za'atar
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ yellow onion, small dice
Green Goddess Dressing
- Burger buns
- Spring greens
- Green goddess dressing
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 anchovy filets
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Dice onion, and mince parsley and cilantro. Add to ground turkey. Add paprika, za'atar, 1 tsp salt, ½ tbsp ground garlic, and black pepper. Add lemon zest. Mix ingredients in mixing bowl using your hands.
- Form patties with wet hands. This recipe should yeild 4 to 5 patties. Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set in refigerator while you prepare the green goddess dressing. Patties can also be frozen to enjoy at a later time.
- In the food processor add mayonnaise, feta cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, lemon juice, and anchovies. Pulse until well mixed. Set in refrigerator until burgers are ready to assemble.
- Grill on barbecue, or in a cast iron pan on the stove top. Cook each patty for 3-4 minutes on each side to build a crispy crust.
- Assemble burgers with dressing, tomatoes, avocados, and spring greens.
Click here to buy Za'atar spice blend and other herbs and spices
Source: America's Heartland
Photo Credit to: America's Heartland
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.