Oven-Roasted Za'atar Honey Wings
Thinking of throwing out a small gathering this weekend? You can always impress your guests with lesser effort in this flavorsome and aromatic Oven-Roasted Za'atar Honey Wings (Or Thighs) and be the star of the night!
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (a little or a lot ~ you control the heat!)
- Za'atar spice blend
- 21 chicken wings (whole, or a mixture of flats and drumsticks ~ or about 3.5 lbs thighs)
- 1⁄2 large lemon (juiced and seeds removed)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chicken wing (or thigh) pieces on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet with sides.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken wing pieces LIGHTLY with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper ~ and LIBERALLY with the za'atar spice mix to suit your tastes!
- Oven roast chicken wing (or thigh) pieces for 30 minutes at 375F ~ TURN PIECES OVER and continue roasting for another 25-30 minutes.
- Combine the juice from 1/2 of a large lemon with 1/4 cup honey and drizzle over chicken pieces ~ turn wings and drizzle other side.
- Roast wings (or thighs) for 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove wings (or thighs) from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Supply lots of napkins!
Click here to buy Za'atar spice and other herbs and spices
Photo credit to: Sue Lau
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.