Slow-Cooked Beef Chili with Zaatar Recipe
Everyone will love this easy-to-cook Slow-Cooked Beef Chili with Zaatar Recipe. Simple and aromatic, this may be your next go-to comfort food!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 pieces of bacon (optional)
- 1 can precooked kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans tomatoes (use BPA-free varieties)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Zaatar
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the bacon (or prepare in the oven according to my Baked Bacon recipe). Chop the bacon into small pieces. Reserve all the fat.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Prepare the spices.
- Pan fry the ground beef in the bacon fat. Put all ingredients except the zaatar into the slow cooker, including the ground beef and bacon. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for about 3 hours or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Stir in the zaatar. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
- SERVES 4-6
Click here to buy Za'atar Spice and other herbs and spices
Source: Christopher James Clark
Photo Credit to: Christopher James Clark
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.