Spice-crusted Aubergines & Peppers with Pilaf and Zaatar Spice
This Spice-crusted Aubergines & Peppers with Pilaf and Zaatar Spice is bold, zesty & vegan. It's quick and simple yet so flavorful, perfect for this Christmas!
- 2 large aubergines, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Za'atar Spice
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 140g Puy lentils
- 140g basmati rice
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- small pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Greek or coconut yogurt, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Using a sharp knife, score a diamond pattern into the aubergines. Brush with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and place on a baking tray, cut-side down. Cook in the oven for 15 mins. Add the peppers to the tray, turn the aubergines over and drizzle everything with the remaining oil. Sprinkle over the spices, 1 tbsp of the pomegranate molasses and a little salt. Roast in the oven for 15 mins more.
- Boil the lentils in plenty of water until al dente. After they’ve been boiling for 5 mins, add the rice. Cook for 10 mins or until cooked through but with a bit of bite. Drain and return to the pan, covered with a lid to keep warm.
- Stir the pomegranate seeds and parsley through the lentil rice. Divide between four plates or tip onto a large platter. Top with the roasted veg, a dollop of yogurt and the remaining pomegranate molasses drizzled over.
Click here to buy Za'atar and other herbs and spices
Photo Credit to: BBCGoodFood
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.